1. President Shelly Salutes Past, Present And Future Navajo Veterans
2. Veterans Day Tribute – Native Names on the Vietnam Memorial Wall
A veteran looks at the names of those who died etched into the wall of the Vietnam Veterans Memorial in Washington, Sunday, May 26, 2013.
3. Honoring Veterans III: Honor the Wind
4. Annual Veterans Day Celebration in Reno to Give Special Thanks to Women
Reno-Sparks Indian Colony
U.S. Marine and Native American Fred Vigil plays his traditional flute at a Reno-Sparks Indian Colony Veterans Day Celebration.
5. Lakota Women Warriors Add Culture to Oath of Military Service
Courtesy Lakota Women Warriors
The Lakota Women Warriors at the 2014 Black Hills Pow Wow. Left to right: Kella With Horn, Lisa Jendry and Brenda White Bull
6. 5 Notable Native American Veterans
7. More Than 150 Attend Cherokee Nation Veterans Day Event
Pictured, from left, Veteran Marvin Cochran and guests of Cherokee Nation’s Veterans Day program salute during the posting of the flags.
8. Pop Goes the History: What’s Wrong With Nazi-fied Nicki Minaj and Redface Gwen
Between Nicki Minaj’s Third-Reich imagery and Gwen Stefani’s Indian maiden in bondage, you have to ask—what the hell is going on with music videos?
9. Watch the Trailer for MTV’s ‘Rebel Music’ Featuring Frank Waln, Nataanii Means, Inez Jasper
Image source: instagram.com/rebelmusicdoc
Lakota hip hop artist Frank Waln is one of several young Native talents spotlighted on ‘Rebel Music,’ which premieres online on Thursday. Image source: instagram.com/rebelmusicdoc
10. Video: First Nation Soldier Reminisces About World War II Service on Remembrance Day
YouTube/Government of Saskatchewan
Decorated soldier Philip Favel reminisces about serving during World War II.
11. Indigenous Veterans Recognized Across Canada on Remembrance Day
Thinkstock/Edward Samuel Cornwall
Association of Iroquois and Allied Indians Grand Chief Gord Peters exhorts Canada to unite and acknowledge all that First Nations and other Indigenous Peoples have contributed to Canada.
12. Remembrance Day Strikes Deeply as Canada Honors Soldiers Slain at Home
Poppies traditionally commemorate veterans, especially those who did not come home, for Remembrance Day.
13. A Killer in Indian Country: CDC Talks Seat Belt Safety
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention take a look at how car seat and seat belt safety can keep everyone safer on the road.
14. Cherokee Citizen Wins Gold at World Traditional Wushu Championships
Wade Blevins practices his weapons form while in China for the World Traditional Wushu Championships. He earned a bronze medal in that event, but gold in the bare-handed division.
15. The Forgotten People of the Other America
16. Suzan Harjo to Receive Presidential Medal of Freedom