1. The Power of ‘Thank You’ and ‘I’m Sorry’
2. Video: ICTMN’s Man on the Street: How Many Tribes Are There?
3. 5 Super Bowl XLVIII Bets: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly
4. Navajo Nation Council Approves Junk Food Tax to Fight Obesity
Flickr Creative Commons/Rupert Ganzer
5. Let’s Get ‘Sirius’ About the Dog Star, Sky’s Brightest Twinkler
Sirius, the Dog Star or Wolf to many cultures across time, as seen through a very modern telescope.
6. The U.S. Has Abandoned Natives
7. Officials Will Not Be Charged in Peru’s Forced Sterilization Program
Former Peruvian President Alberto Fujimori
8. Punxsutawney Phil Gets His Pre-Super Bowl 15 Minutes of Groundhog Day Fame
Today the groundhog will stick his head out of the ground and, hopefully, will not run right back in.
9. Goodell Defends R-Word in Pre-Super Bowl Press Conference
10. Troy Eid: Violence, PTSD Are Killing Native Youth
AP Photo/Anchorage Daily News, Erik Hill
Chair Troy Eid, right, addresses the audience as fellow commissioners Ted Quasula, left, and Carole Goldberg of the Indian Law and Order Commission review a section of their report at the 23rd Annual BIA Tribal Providers Conference on Wednesday, December 4, 2013, at the Dena’ina Civic and Convention Center in Anchorage, Alaska.
11. Inside the Latest Stalled Carcieri Fix
Sen. Dianne Feinstein (D-Calif.), left, and Sen. Maria Cantwell (D-Wash.) sat together during the State of the Union address last week.
12. The BIA’s Cobell Land Buy Back Plan Is a Mess
13. Peru’s Amazon Jungle: Rich, Lush and Worth Saving
Boating on the Rio De Madres Dios in the Amazon jungle in Manu, Peru.
14. New Mexico-Arizona Tribal Ski Programs Help to Heal America
Olympian Suzy “Chapstick” Chaffee (middle) teaches Jason and Jayla Abeyta (Ohkey Owingeh/San Juan Pueblo) how to joyfully fly like eagles on skis down Pajarito Mountain.
15. Big Lagoon Rancheria v. California: The Latest Threat to Tribal Land
16. A World Conference on Indigenous Peoples With No Indigenous?
17. Native History: ‘The World’s Fastest Indian’ Opens in Theaters
New Zealand’s Burt Munro in 1962.
18. ‘NotYourMascot’ Trends on Twitter Over Super Bowl Weekend [37 Images]
19. Native American Fans Celebrate Seattle Win, Shocked by Denver Loss
Associated Press/Seth Wenig
A Seattle Seahawks fan celebrates as the Seahawks come up with a safety against the Denver Broncos the NFL Super Bowl XLVIII football game Sunday, Feb. 2, 2014, in East Rutherford, N.J.
20. Coca-Cola’s ‘America the Beautiful’ Super Bowl Ad Causes Stir
Up to 90 percent of the homes on the Standing Rock Sioux Reservation rely on propane for heating.