1. Taking Leadership of the Senate Indian Affairs Committee
2. Coalition for Prisoners’ Rights Addresses UN Human Rights Committee
3. Cape Wind Battle Continues as Foes File New Lawsuit
An artist’s rendering of what the turbines would look like in the ocean off Cape Wind.
4. Watch Derrick Suwaima Davis Win Seventh Hoop Dancing Championship
Photo: Lizard Light Productions
Derrick Suwaima Davis has won his seventh title at the World Hoop Dance Championship at the Heard Museum.
5. Cheyenne and Arapaho Tribes Ditch Pursuit of International Site PokerTribes.com
6. Canadian Goalie Carey Price: First Nation Culture Keeps Him Grounded
Carey Price reaches for a rebound on a shot by Norway at the 2014 Winter Olympics on February 13, 2014, in Sochi.
7. Foxwoods Partners With Irish Software Company for FoxPlay, Free-Money Gaming Site
8. North Dakota Oil Town Has Higher Rents Than New York City!
Construction workers build a new apartment building in Williston, North Dakota, which according to Apartmentguide.com commands the highest average rents in the United States, surpassing even New York City and Los Angeles.
9. Cherokee Nation Marshals Secure Military Vehicle for Search & Rescues
Lt. Mike Roach stands by a military-donated Mine Resistant Ambush Protected vehicle, or MRAP, which now sits in front of the Cherokee Nation Marshal Service lot.
10. Interior Approves Mechoopda’s Trust Land for Gaming
11. Penobscot Chief Calls for Investigation of Maine Attorney General’s Office
Penobscot Indian Nation Chief Kirk Francis
12. 8 Allegedly Anti-Sovereignty Actions Taken by Maine Attorney General’s Office
Maine Attorney General Janet Mills, above, has allegedly made a number of blatantly anti-Indian moves that undermine sovereignty, according to Penobscot Indian Nation Chief Kirk Francis.
13. Orlando Dugi’s Fashion: Masterpieces of Beads and Silk [20 Pictures]