The best presidents stay away from the middle ground
BOSTON — President Barack Obama will be in Boston Wednesday to raise money for the Democratic Party while drumming up support for hiking the minimum wage.
Road closures and traffic tie-ups are expected in the Harvard Square area Wednesday afternoon.
Obama is set to attend a round-table discussion fundraiser Wednesday for the Democratic National Committee with about 25 supporters at the Charles Hotel in Cambridge.
Obama is then scheduled to headline a DNC dinner in Boston at the Artists for Humanity EpiCenter with about 70 backers. The event is also intended to raise money for the party.
Obama’s visit follows a stop at Central Connecticut State University in New Britain to renew his push to raise the federal minimum wage to $10.10 an hour.
During his stop in Connecticut, Obama will appear with Democratic governors, including Gov. Deval Patrick.
Massachusetts is debating a minimum wage increase. The Senate has approved a bill and a minimum wage question is heading to the November ballot.
1. When the Mohawk Lacrosse Team Played at the Olympics
2. Hardcore Version of Olympics: the Arctic Winter Games in Fairbanks
3. Watch an Asteroid the Size of Three Football Fields Rush Past Earth
4. Is Jason Momoa of ‘Game of Thrones’ the Next Great Native Star?
5. Administration Agrees to Fully Pay Tribal Contract Support Costs
6.4 Fast-Food Marketing Tactics Parents Can Adapt to Improve Kids’ Health
Courtesy Cornell Food & Brand Lab
7. Mills Kills Passamaquoddy-State Elvers Agreement
8. Olympic Star T.J. Oshie’s Girlfriend, Lauren Cosgrove, Also a Gold Medalist
9. New Digs in the Sonoran Desert: Tohono O’odham Members Line Up to Live in Villages
10. Are Pedophiles Getting Free Pass in South Dakota?
11. Preserving Indigenous Democracy
12. Coast Salish Nations Unite to Protect Salish Sea
13. Sacred Site Advocates Ask Senate to Heed Keith Harper Concerns
|Suicide in our schoo… on ‘It’s not just a s…|
|Racism Like Ignoranc… on Racism In A Small Town© by Fel…|
|A Day In The Life Of… on “Black boxes” may…|
|A Day In The Life Of… on Super Bowl Party Goers Beware…|
|A Day In The Life Of… on Oh No, She Didn’t Really…|