1. Robert Redbird, iconic Native American artist, dies
2. Walking to Save Oak Flat [7 Photos]
After gathering at the California State Capitol February 27, more than 100 walkers including Native supporters representing several tribes and allies marched through the streets of Sacramento to honor the one year anniversary of the San Carlos Apache’s occupation of the sacred lands at the Oak Flat campground. Under the terms of a deal approved by the U.S. government in December, Phoenix-based Resolution Copper will take control of 2,400 copper-rich acres in and around Oak Flat. In return, the company will transfer about 5,400 acres of privately owned parcels of conservation land throughout Arizona to the U.S. Forest Service.
3. As Serious as Lead Poisoning: Hillary v. Bernie
The Democrats engaged policy on a level that risked putting the audience to sleep after the Republicans had their audience yelling and hooting and rolling in the aisles.
4. This Land Was Made for Decolonized Love
5. The Week That Was: The Big Stories in Indian Country, March 6, 2016
6. Akwesasne Mohawk Hosts NHL Native Alumni Game and Community Celebration
Akwesasne All Stars Team Captain Scott ‘Butter’ Thompson and NHL Native Alumni Pro Hockey Team Captain Reggie “The Riverton Rifle” Leah await the puck drop from Grand Chief Abram Benedict.
7. Pope Francis, The Saints and Native Sprituality Held Hostage
8. Tribes Decide How to Spend Indian Housing Block Grants; A Legacy of Sovereignty Act
When it comes to Indian Housing Block Grants the federal government doesn’t know what the tribes will do with the money as it’s up to the tribes.
9. Seeking the Trump Thumper: GOP Debate XI
Republican presidential candidates, Sen. Marco Rubio, R-Fla., and businessman Donald Trump argue during a Republican presidential primary debate at Fox Theatre, Thursday, March 3, 2016, in Detroit.
10. Consensus and Self-Determination
Background image: Constitution of the United States Foreground photo: White Deer, a proud Mohawk in 1901 at the Indian Congress, Pan-American Exposition.