About 120 sea turtles became trapped in the cold water as they tried to migrate south.
1, Coffee fungus in Latin America is raising prices for high-end blends in the United States
2, Green Fields: Agribusiness blamed for ‘superweed crisis’
3, Warmer world to push sea turtle numbers up
4. Louisiana lawsuits seek oil and gas industry money to restore coastline
5. Threats to the Southern Hills Aquifer System Grow in Louisiana
6. Children’s lead levels ‘significantly’ higher in Cherryvale, Kan.
7. Feature: Lebanese irritate over pollution inflicted by refugee camps
8. Toxic chemicals pollute Pakistan’s rivers
9. Greenland Glaciers More Susceptible to Melt Than Thought
10. FRACTURED NORTH CAROLINA Fracking: Lee County at epicenter of NC’s gas drilling
3,300 acres have been leased to gas companies. But other landowners are worried about pollution or waiting for better offers.
11. Scientists find alarming levels of antibiotics in China’s rivers and lakes
12. Effort fences off ag areas along creek for river’s sake
13. Birds of prey falling victim to ‘ecological drought’
Less food for hawks, owls, white-tailed kites, falcons and even golden eagles is theorized to be connected to years of too-dry weather. One apparent consequence: a ‘breeding crash’ beyond any in local experts’ memory.
|Suicide in our schoo… on ‘It’s not just a s…|
|Racism Like Ignoranc… on Racism In A Small Town© by Fel…|
|A Day In The Life Of… on “Black boxes” may…|
|A Day In The Life Of… on Super Bowl Party Goers Beware…|
|A Day In The Life Of… on Oh No, She Didn’t Really…|