1. 100-Year-Old Baskets Stolen From Health Services Building
The traditional baskets stolen from UIHS Potawot Health Village in Arcata, CA.
2. Attention Muppet Lovers: The Jim Henson Company Wants Native Puppeteers!
Jim Henson, creator of the Muppet Show, poses in September 1977 with some of the
characters he personally operates. In the back row are, left to right, Dr. Teeth and the
Swedish Chef. In the front row are, left to right, Rowlf the Dog, Kermit the Frog and
Mr. Waldorf. (AP Photo)
3. Driving While Indian: A Refresher Course
4. USET’s Semi-Annual Meeting Begins; Honors Two Veterans
Courtesy United South and Eastern Tribes, Inc.
From left: Rodney Butler, Mashantucket Pequot tribal council chairman; Randy Noka,
Narragansett Indian Tribe council member; and USET vice president, and USET
President Brian Patterson
5. Miller Helps Denver Advance to NCAA Lax Semis; Lyle Thompson Makes History in Final Game
Zach Miller is an attackman for the University of Denver Pioneers.
6. Democratic congresswoman apologizes for ethnically loaded gesture
7. Native American student told not to display eagle feather at graduation
8. Rep. Caught On Video Making Racist ‘Native American’ Whooping Noise