1. Autism risk higher near pesticide-treated fields, study says
2. A year of agonized, unanswered questions
How did a well-trained crew of professional hotshots come to abandon their designated safety zone and walk into a wall of fire?
3. Duke scientists report air pollution controls linked to lower NC death rates
4. Triclosan Under The Microscope
5. A 1,000-pound BP tar mat found on Fort Pickens beach
6. How Rupert Murdoch created the world’s newest climate change villain
Australia was once a leader on climate action. Thanks to American conservative powerhouses, that’s no longer true
7. New York’s Silent But Deadly Fracking Problem
8. Personal Health: Too Hot To Handle
9. There Are 1,401 Uninspected High-Risk Oil and Gas Wells. Here’s Where They Are.
The government is failing to conduct key safety inspections on new oil and gas wells on federal and Native American land.
10. Ebola Outbreak ‘Tip of the Iceberg,’ Experts Say
11. Polio vaccine effort in Syria reaches 1.4 million children as volunteers brave violence
12. Jenny McCarthy e-cigs ads disappear
Seattle’s Duwamish has been straightened, dredged and heavily polluted. Can a Superfund cleanup bring it back to life?
15. Man-made chemicals are hidden health hazards