Archives For Flu
Charles P. Vega, MD
A new report outlines ways to safely reduce C-section rates.
860 cases across state
The latest flu report by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention for the week that ended Dec. 21 says the flu is now widespread in Massachusetts and nine other states – Alabama, Alaska, Kansas, Louisiana, New York, Pennsylvania, Texas, Virginia and Wyoming.
State health officials say there is still time to protect yourself by getting a flu shot.
Health experts say they’re seeing some cases of swine flu, also called H1N1, but they note this year’s flu vaccine defends against the swine flu.
Tests have confirmed nearly 860 flu cases across the state this season. No deaths have been reported.
There were nearly 6,700 confirmed cases in Massachusetts last season.
Believe it or not, but…
1) YOU CAN GROW YOUR BRAIN New Research Shows the Brain Can Be Developed Like a Muscle
2) Acne in elementary school? Pimples are starting younger, dermatologists say
3) ‘Appalling irresponsibility’: Senior scientists attack Chinese researchers for creating new strains of influenza virus in veterinary laboratory
4) Mediterranean diet may be best for memory, cognitive skills
5) ER visits tied to Ambien, other insomnia drugs up 220% in recent years
6) New wave of ‘superbugs’ poses dire threat, says chief medical officer
Warning over rising death toll as antibiotics fail to tackle rising incidence of ‘gram negative’ bacterial diseases
• Datablog: how does the UK’s consumption of antibiotics compare?