1. Could Whale Poop Help Fight Global Warming?
2. 8 seafoods to ponder before purchasing
3. What’s the Next Quinoa? Farmers, Foodies Revive Heritage Grains
Ancient grains and “orphan crops” like fonio and amaranth have advantages for farmers and consumers.
4. Even low doses of arsenic trigger cancer in mice, study finds
A study by the National Institutes of Health found that levels of arsenic similar to what some people consume in water caused cancer in male mice
5. BP employees should have manslaughter charges reinstated, prosecutors argue
6. Four Years After Deadly Blast, Tesoro Mostly Unscathed
7. For asthma patients, smoking and poor housing deadly
8. North West’s water contamination: A dark story of lost and ruined lives
9. Diamond-mining firms deposit death into Save River
10. In Rare Effort, Ohio Scientist to Test Water Before Fracking Soars
Baseline tests offer a template for other fracking communities worried about how
drilling might contaminate groundwater supplies.
11. Want to limit global warming? Bring cash
12. Waves for Worry? Scientists weigh-in on status of radioactive waters from
Fukushima reaching California coast
13. In China’s Heartland, A Toxic Trail
Leads from Factories to Fields to Food
14. What’s killing the Yukon’s salmon?
An ecological mystery in Alaska has scientists and fishermen baffled and alarmed.
15. What’s Killing the Children in Jadugora, India?