1. Relief at a Stiff Price III: Going the Way of Chocolate
Maca powder flour in glass bowl with macs
2. 7 Ways to Reduce Food Waste This Holiday Season
When you prepare to welcome family and friends this holiday season, good planning can help avoid wasting food and save you money.
3. Duwamish River Advocates Hopeful EPA’s Plan Will Be Effective
EPA’s new plan could be the answer Duwamish River advocates are hoping for.
4. Where’s the Senate Torture Report on All the Violence Done to Natives?
5. Obama Declares Bristol Bay Off Limits to New Oil and Gas Drilling Leases
via the White House
A victory in the fight to preserve the vast, pristine watershed region known as Bristol Bay in Alaska.
6. Native Fashion Superstar Bethany Yellowtail Launches Official Site
Looks by Bethany Yellowtail, currently featured on her new official site byellowtail.com.
7. Oglala Lakota Fighter Gets First UFC Win
David Michaud, left, throws a punch.
8. Gimmicks and Governing are Old School’s Last Act; Painful Austerity Ahead
Non-Defense Discretionary Spending Falling to Historic Lows
9. ‘Real Life Indian’ Photo Project Geared to Defeat All Those Stereotypes
Photo courtesy Viki Eagle
Viki Eagle, a Sicangu Lakota photographer, holds a sign with the name of her photo project, “Real Life Indian.”
10. Did You Hear A Tribe Called Red in Trailer for ‘The Gambler’?
‘The Gambler’ looks to be one of the biggest films of the end-of-year rush, and A Tribe Called Red is in it.
11. Environmental Win: Gov. Andrew Cuomo Bans Fracking in New York State
Gov. Andrew M. Cuomo has banned tracking in New York State in the wake of a health commission report that could not rule out ill effects.
12. Native American Natural Foods (Tanka Bar) President Mark Tilsen