1. Tribal Leaders Must Talk About Disenrollment
2. Farrakhan on “American Indians Truths” Radio Show – Justice Or Else!
3. Native Designers of High Fashion
4. Houska: Trump Burns Native Americans Again
Photo courtesy deadstate.org
On Monday, GOP presidential front-runner Donald Trump said he knows Native Americans “that are extremely
proud” of the name of the Washington football team.
5. Instant Horse Racing Machines Illegal; Idaho Supreme Court Rules For Tribes
Ancestral Puebloan granary and rock art inside the proposed Bears Ears National Monument.
Navajo Technical University
IT-Computer Science majors Sherietta Martinez-Brown of Crownpoint, New Mexico and Tim Goodluck, Jr.
of Lupton, Arizona embrace after receiving their Bachelor of Applied Science degrees. Recently introduced
legislation could mean Native students have 95 percent of tribal college covered.
Six Nations young people got to meet and learn both football and life skills from former NFL player Jimmy Warne.
Buy winter squash varieties while prices are lower.
Native fashion designers joined the fight against sex trafficking. Shoes by Helen Oro.
Courtesy Minnesota Historical Society Press
Brenda J. Child, Ojibwe, wins Jon Gjerde Prize from the Midwestern History Association for My Grandfather’s
Knocking Sticks: Ojibwe Family Life and Labor on the Reservation.