1. Tribal Nations Conference Will Emphasize Outreach to Native Youth
2. HUD’s Castro to Lead Economic Development Discussion at White House Conference
HUD Secretary Julián Castro
3. No Surprise, But We All Should Matter
4. House Passes Pearce Native American Housing Bill, Moves to Senate
5. Adios, ‘Ugg A Wugg’: Native Composer Updates Song for NBC’s ‘Peter Pan Live!’
Mary Martin and Sondra Lee in a publicity photo for the 1954 ‘Peter Pan’ Broadway musical. Lee has stated that she will not watch Thursday’s ‘Peter Pan Live!’ and is disappointed the musical number ‘Ugg a Wugg’ has been changed.
6. USDA Announces Broadband and Infrastructure Support for Indian Country
Agriculture Secretary Tom Vilsack
7. Peel Watershed: Yukon Judge Sides With First Nations in Historic Ruling
The Peel Watershed in Canada’s Yukon Territory, is not too far from Alaska.
8. Navajo Nation Purchases 65 Acres of Land, Revises Criminal Codes
Associated Press file photo
Navajo Nation President Ben Shelly (left)
9. It’s Wednesday, and A Tribe Called Red Will Burn Your Village to the Ground (for Free!)
10. Mining Company and Execs Charged With Clean Water Act Felonies in Alaska
Some of the mining waste that got XL Platinum Inc. and five of its executives indicted for felony violations of the Clean Water Act
11. Blackhorse: The Hate Mail I Receive is Hostile, Aggressive, Racist and Sexist
Amanda Blackhorse has received stacks of hate mail since she became a prominent figure in the change the name campaign.
The Superstition Mountains in Tonto National Forest, sacred to the San Carlos Apache Tribe, is the subject of yet another incarnation of a bill that would allow copper mining.
Twitter user @nickeloden1497 joined the wave of people on Wednesday using the hashtag #CrimingWhileWhite to discuss Native American genocide.