Archives For Earth
1. World’s Most Dangerous Mega-storm
2. People will live on Mars and never come back
3. Future Transportation Technology Will Blow Your Mind
4.Planet Earth 100 Million Years In The Future – What will happen to our world?
5. Top Ten Natural Disasters
6. Car Runs For 100 Years Without Refueling
2014 DX110 will pass between earth, moon Wednesday night
CAPE CANAVERAL, Fla. — An asteroid is headed this way. But even though it will come closer than the moon, astronomers say it will pose no danger.
The newly discovered asteroid, called 2014 DX110, will hurtle between the moon and Earth on Wednesday night. DX110 will pass an estimated 217,000 miles from Earth.
That’s approximately nine-tenths of the distance between the moon and Earth.
The asteroid is an estimated 45 to 130 feet across.
Relatively close approaches like this occur all the time, although DX110 is extra close.