1. Licking Harry Potter’s Backside Is a Mistake, and Other Headscratchers
2. This Week From Indian Country Today Newsletter
3. Ted Grant: NMAI’s Meet Native America Series
Ted Grant, vice-chairman of the Otoe–Missouria Tribe. The tribal seal in the
background shows the seven clans of the Otoe–Missouria, with a prayer feather
at the center.
4. Rose Hips: A Stroll on the Beach Can Ease Arthritis and Cure the Sniffles
These rose hips were found growing on the beach at Bluff Point State Park in
5. Milky Way ‘Stars’ in Summer Blockbuster Night Sky
Bryce Canyon National Park
The Milky Way view in this phantasmagorical panorama of the night sky in
Bryce Canyon is generated by a webcam is worth visiting.
6. What’s the ‘First Rule of Rodeo’?
7. Iceland on Alert for Massive Eruption of Bardarbunga Volcano
Eyjafjallajokull, above, erupted in 2010 and stranded millions of airline
passengers with an ash cloud. An even bigger volcano, Bardarbunga, is rumbling,
and it’s anybody’s guess as to what it will do, and when.
8. Top Rug: Weaver Lola Cody Wins Best of Show at Santa Fe Indian Market
Lola Cody with the woven wool rug that took Best of Show honors at the 2014
Santa Fe Indian Market.
9. Morales Presents Degrees to First Graduates of Bolivia’s Indigenous Universities
10. 7 Anti-R-Word Quotes From Native Voices