1. Better bubbly from … England?
2. Scientists flying over Colorado oil boom find worse air pollution
3. Research shows family environment had big impact on children exposed to lead in Port Pirie
4. U.S. Issues Safety Alert for Oil Trains
5. Is air pollution causing Vernal’s neonatal deaths to rise?
Utah midwife uses obituaries to document troubling trend in birth outcomes in the area.
(Al Hartmann | The Salt Lake Tribune) Midwife Donna Young and her daughter Holt, look at a grave markers of stillborn and newborn children in Rock Point Cemetery in Maeser just north of Vernal. She started noticing a higher than usual amounts of stillborn and newborn deaths in the area the past few years. One corner of the cemetery has several small markers for stillborn and newborn deaths. The TriCounty Health Department is holding a public meeting Wednesday May 7 to investigate the uptick in stillbirths and newborn deaths in the area. Environmentalists believe there’s a connection to air pollution from oil and gas drilling.
6. Vermont’s GMO Bill Expected To Face Major Legal Challenges
7. Elections Not Stopping Obama Pollution Rules
8. UPDATE 1-China to close more steel capacity, though still small fraction
9. High CO2 Makes Crops Less Nutritious
Climate change could increase deficiencies in zinc and iron, new study suggests
10. Philly School District blocks a federal study after health risks are exposed