1. ‘To Know Him Was to Hug Him’: Billy Frank, Jr.
2. FARC Mistakenly Kidnap Colombian Girl, Rescued by Indigenous Guards
AlejandraCantoni, a 10-year-old Afro-Colombian girl was mistakenly kidnapped in late may by FARC
rebel forces and rescued later in the day by Indigenous Guards and the Afro-Colombian community.
3. Temryss Lane’s World Cup: My Trip to ‘The Group of Death’
Former professional and Team USA soccer player Temryss Lane (center) traveled to Sao Paulo, Brazil during
FIFA’s 2014 World Cup. Lane met four young Cup fans on her way to Natal, Brazil on June 14, 2014.
4. Native History: Privileged ‘Oregon Trail’ Author Arrives at Fort Laramie
The route of Francis Parkman’s sojourns from Westport, Missouri up the Platte River to Fort Laramie
(in today’s Wyoming), the Pueblo (now Pueblo, Colorado), Bent’s Fort (near present-day La Junta, Colorado), and back.
5. Three Tribes Win Coveted Washington State Environmental Education
Northwest Indian Fisheries Commission
Habitat restoration efforts such as removal of the Elwha Dam, shown here in process on October 8, 2011,
have helped bring back salmon spawning grounds.
6. Stolen women captured hearts O. Guerreiro Sioux leg.avi
7. Hidden America: Children of the Plains
8. ‘We Live to Survive’: One Week with Lakota (Part 1)
9. ‘We Live to Survive’: One Week with Lakota (Part 2)
10. Oglala Lakota Nation President VS Nebraska State Police June 17, 2013