1. Cowboys and Indians Ride on DC, Protesting Keystone XL for Earth Day
Thousands gathered at the National Mall in Washington, D.C. on Sunday February 17, 2013 to hold President Barack Obama to his promise to combat climate change.
2. Supreme Court Discrimination Against Native America Cannot Be Tolerated
3. 5 Studies That Prove Dan Snyder is Wrong About ‘Redskins’
4. Former Shinnecock Leaders Ask BIA to Reject New Council, Mediate Dispute
5. Keystone XL Decision Delayed Yet Again as State Department Invokes Nebraska Court Ruling
Danny Johnston/Associated Press
The Keystone XL pipeline has been delayed because of a court ruling about its route through Nebraska.
6. Native Brothers Dominate NCAA Lacrosse Stats, and Albany Record Books
Brothers Lyle (left) and Miles (center) Thompson with cousin Ty Thompson on the cover of Inside Lacrosse magazine.
7. Carlisle Indian Industrial School Farmhouse to Be Preserved
This is the earliest known photograph of the farmhouse being considered for demolition. It was taken by John Leslie, a Native student.
8. Métis in Canada Demand Harper Meeting as Court Upholds Status Ruling
Ke Ning/Métis National Council
Clément Chartier, President of the Métis National Council
9. The Indian From Rhode Island who Won the Boston Marathon — Twice
Courtesy of the Boston Public Library, Leslie Jones Collection.
Ellison ‘Tarzan’ Brown running in the 1939 Boston Marathon. Courtesy of the Boston Public Library, Leslie Jones Collection.
10. Counternarratives: Native American Artists In Our Own Words
11. Native American Indian Rock Art – Petroglyphs Pictograph
12. Don Burnstick’s The 5 Ways of native woman laughter
13. Half Breed Age
14. A street magician and native orchestra performs a show at a marketplace in Marrak…HD Stock Footage
15. NATIVE AMERICAN STORYTELLER AND THE CREATION – MACKINAC ISLAND – DENNIS M. MORRISON