1. Second Red Lake Inauguration in as Many Months Brings New Tribal Council
Waiting to be sworn in, Treasurer-elect Annette Johnson, Red Lake Rep, Roman
Stately, Redby Rep Julius Thunder and Little Rock Rep Robert Reynolds
2. Marmot Interruptus: Greenpeace Video Gets Invaded by Adorable
This little marmot has captured hearts across the Internet with its kissy face
mugging into a GoPro camera during a Greenpeace video shoot in Glacier
3. 26th Annual Nansemond Powwow Photo Gallery
4. ‘Par for the Cause’ Celebrity Charity Golf Tournament to Benefit Youth
5. Ute’s ‘SITLA Land Exchange’ Bill Passes Senate, Awaits President’s Signature
6. Cheyenne River Youth Project Prepares for 25th Anniversary Festivities
Cheyenne River Youth Project
Julie Garreau, CRYP’s executive director (front left, in black and white), and
Tammy Eagle Hunter, youth programs director (front right, in green and black),
celebrate the organization’s 20th anniversary with the rest of the CRYP staff at
the 2008 Wacipi in Eagle Butte, South Dakota. This Labor Day weekend, they
will congregate again to commemorate the nonprofit, grassroots youth project’s
25th anniversary—and serving two generations of children on Cheyenne River.
7. Vian Peace Center Gets Support in Helping Local Residents
Cherokee Nation Entertainment employee volunteers clear and prepare
undeveloped land to feature greenhouses and pond system.
8 Obama: More Help Needed for Native Americans
9. Andy Harvey Workshop Teaches Broadcast Skills to Native American Students
10. FOX & frends: Brian Kilmeade asks Native Americans offended by ‘Redskins': ‘Why now?