1. Native American, Ugly People?
2. The Inuit Were Right: Shipwreck Find Confirms 168-Year-Old Oral History
Parks Canada/Canadian Press
Sea floor scan image showing one of the missing ships from the Franklin expedition.
Read more athttp://indiancountrytodaymedianetwork.com/2014/09/10/inuit-were-right-shipwreck-find-confirms-168-year-old-oral-history-156837
3. Southwest Flash Floods Inundate Indian Country, 190 Moapa Paiutes Evacuated
Construction crews work on a flood damaged area of the Interstate 15 (I-15) washout
Tuesday. Flood damage caused the closure of the interstate which is the main road
between Las Vegas and Salt Lake City.
4. Spirit of ’78: Buffy Sainte-Marie, Arlo Guthrie Headline Black Hills Unity Concert
Buffy Sainte-Marie (second from left) and David Amram (far right) will again seek
to push the U.S. government to honor its treaties when they perform at the
Black Hills Unity Concert this weekend. This famous photo from 1978 captures
notables from The Longest Walk: Muhammad Ali, Sainte-Marie, Floyd ‘Red Crow’
Westerman, Harold Smith, Stevie Wonder, Marlon Brando, Max Gail, Dick Gregory,
Richie Havens, Amram.
5. Salaita Seeks Reinstatement
Students flocked to a press conference in the rain, many holding signs similar to
that on the left, in support of Dr. Steven Salaita, right, who waits to speak at a
packed press conference Tuesday near the University of Illinois.
6. 5 ‘Native American’ Quizzes With No Basis in Reality
A graphic from the What Is Your Native American Name quiz.
7. Etsy to Ban Redskins Name and Logo
Redskins products currently being sold on Etsy.com
8. Photos: Monument Valley Organizes Silent Protest Against Redskins
9. Proposed Bill Would Ban Native Mascots in Colorado; Sponsor
Gets Hate Mail
10. Nisqually Tribe, State Partnering on Development of Nisqually State Park
Visitors can enjoy views of Mt. Rainier from the WWRP funded Nisqually Mashel
11. ICTMN’s Annual Travel Issue Now Available Online
12. Witches and Indians and a Feathered Serpent in Salem, Mass.