1. Who Could Possibly Be in Favor of Columbus Day?
2. Deadly Drug in Crosshairs: IHS Funds Anti-Meth Programs
“M[eth] A[mphetamine] injection was associated with an 80 percent increase in the risk of attempting suicide.”
3. ICTMN Exclusive: New Film Documents Maine’s Child Welfare Truth and Reconciliation Commission
The first of its kind in U.S. History, the Maine TRC was established in 2012 in an agreement between Governor Paul LePage and chiefs from the Houlton Band of Maliseet Indians, the Aroostook Band of Micmac Indians, the Penobscot Indian Nation, and the Passamaquoddy at Sipayik and Indian Township.
4. Salish Kootenai Dam Challenged by Montana Public Service Commission
Courtesy Confederated Salish and Kootenai Tribes
5. Middletown Rancheria Pomo Provide Shelter, Aid to Valley Fire Victims
The Middletown Rancheria of Pomo Indians converted part of its Twin Pine Casino & Hotel event space into shelter for those who lost homes and possessions in the Valley Fire.
6. Berkeley’s Indigenous Peoples’ Day Powwow Led the Way for Others
Aztec Dancers at the 2015 Indigenous Peoples’ Day Powwow.
7. VIDEO: Judah Friedlander’s take on Christopher Columbus Day is HILARIOUS
Judah Friedlander YouTube Screencap
Judah Friedlander’s Hilarious Take on Christopher Columbus Day
8. How to Help Valley Fire Victims in California: Events, Fund-Raisers and Donations
Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA)
A survivor of the Valley Fire visits the remains of a church in Cobb. Four residents were killed and some 1,958 homes and businesses were destroyed in the fire.
9. Uncontacted Amazon Tribes: Isolated Tribes Of The Amazon Rainforest Brazil 2015
10. UAAP 77 CDC: NU Pep Squad