1. The Big Picture Beyond the ‘Redskins’ Issue
2. Welcome to Gallup, NM, Where ‘They Just Want Another Person Dead’
From left to right: Stella Martin, Raymond Martin, and Jeremy Yazzie call
Gallup, N.M. home. But they feel their daily struggles go unheard by both their
own people in the Navajo Nation and city officials.
3. Door Still Open for Fed Rec Public Comment, Obstacles May Exist
Kevin K. Washburn, Assistant Secretary – Indian Affairs
4. Golden Eagle Rescued by 11-Year-Old Boy Is Thriving, Set for Full Recovery
Susan Ahalt/Ironside Bird Rescue
Munchie, the golden eagle rescued by 11-year-old Cody Preston on July 31,
will make a full recovery, says the Ironside Bird Rescue’s Susan Ahalt.
5. Muscogee (Creek) Nation Opens WIC Program Building
6. USA Today Wants Your Vote on 10 Best Native American Experiences
7. The Colors of Schemitzun, The Green Corn Festival
8. B.C. Indian Chiefs Register ‘Utter Disgust’ at Building Permit on Sacred
Grace Islet Burial Ground
Aboriginal Peoples Television Network
Grace Islet is the site of a new mansion being built by a Vancouver Island
businessman. It’s also where many First Nations ancestors are buried.
9. When First Nations Burial Sites and Development Collide
Grace Islet, a small island off Vancouver Island, has been purchased by a
private developer who wants to build a mansion upon the sacred burial ground.
The province of British Columbia is letting him.
10. Saturday: LA Skins Music Fest, Featuring Mia Sable and Tha Native
Photography by Smallz and Raskind, Styling by Rebecca Raskind of CLD
Stylehouse Mia Sable, Choctaw, will perform at the LA Skins Music Fest
11. Hunger Games on the Rez: Filmmakers Plan Dystopian Pine Ridge Drama
12. Power Dreams
13. Spirit Dreams-Ancestral Home
14. 2 Hours Long Native American Indians Spiritual Vocal Shamanic Music