1. Native American Indian Spirit of Meditation
2. Lawrence Koh – Wolf Ways by Mark D. Martinson
3. Winners of the Annual Shakopee Mdewakanton Sioux Community
Wacipi Pow Wow Announced
4. An Undocumented, Unofficial Indian
5. Elections: ‘One Day You’re In, and the Next Day You’re Out’
Courtesy Pat Roberts’ U.S. Senate page
Kansas Sen. Pat Roberts re-election bid was considered a “safe” seat last
week. Today it’s competitive. It’s a great metaphor for the 2014 election season.
This was supposed to be the Republican Party’s big year. And now? Who knows.
Roberts and former Kansas Senator Bob Dole.
6. Ginormous Shrimp Will Haunt Your Sleep: Gonna Need More Cocktail Sauce!
Florida Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission/Steve Bargeron
‘Who you calling a shrimp?’ Is what the Florida Fish and Wildlife Conservation
Commission asked, aptly enough, when a fisherman hauled this monstrosity
in from the ocean.
7. NB3 Foundation Honors Keith Anderson for Native Health Support
Courtesy Jason Myers/NB3 Foundation
Notah Begay III, right, holds the traditional Native pottery awarded to Keith
Anderson, Shakopee Mdewakanton Sioux Community vice chairman, speaking,
for his ongoing investment in addressing the public health concerns facing Native
Americans. Anderson was honored with the second annual Oneida Indian Nation
Health Champion for Native Children Award.
8. Secret Bidder Saves Sacred Object From Auction for Alaska Natives
Kathy Dye/Sealaska Heritage Institute
Sealaska Heritage Institute Archivist and Collections Manager Zach Jones and
SHI’s Mike Hoyt, Carmaleeda Estrada and Davina Cole see the panel for the
9. EPA Climate Justice Blog: Women and Climate Change, Part 1
10. Shoni Selfie! Schimmel Attends United Tribes International Pow Wow With
Sisters Mikaylee and Heaven Rose Old Coyote take a selfie with WNBA MVP
ShoniSchimmel at the United Tribes International Pow Wow in Bismarck,