Eversource and National Grid applied for a lower rate for natural gas service to Massachusetts residents
Retro News Wednesday Just For You
Wednesday, December 10, 2014
1) Prozac: Revolution in a Capsule
2) 10 Tragedies Caught on Film
3) Space Shuttle Challenger Disaster: Major Malfunction
4) World’s 10 Most Mysterious Pictures Ever Taken
5) Three Mile Island Documentary: Nuclear Powers Promise & Peril
6) The Reason NASA Never Returned To The Moon
7) Power Line Fears
8) 15 Biggest Unsolved Mysteries in the World
9) 15 Things You Didn’t Know About Earth
10) Wolves at the Door
8 manholes blow off in downtown Providence
An underground fire caused eight manhole covers to blow off in an area on the edge of downtown Providence, and two people suffered minor injuries.
National Grid President Tim Horan said officials are investigating what caused the fire Monday morning, forcing the covers to lift up. He said high carbon dioxide levels were detected in 300 Richmond Street, which is used by Women & Infants Hospital. Fire personnel had responded there to reports of an odor, when the explosions began.
The surrounding area was evacuated.
Public Safety Commissioner Steven Pare said two pedestrians suffered minor injuries and were taken to the hospital. He said the situation is under control and that people would be allowed back into their buildings as repairs are made and readings show it is safe.
|Are Christianity and… on My Good Read of the Day (…|
|The actual truth abo… on Racism In A Small Town© by Fel…|
|Felina on Thanksgiving Cooking Ideas|
|Charlotte Ruijun Zho… on Thanksgiving Cooking Ideas|
|Felina on Family publishes Massachusetts…|