1. Painfully Funny: 6 Comedy Videos About Christopher Columbus
2. Proceeds From Anti-Redskins Swag to be Donated for Health, Wellness
Courtesy Ashley Fairbanks
One of Ashley Fairbanks’s T-shirts that are currently for sale to protest the Washington football team.
3. Cherokee Nation Companies Continue Support of Local Schools
Students at Peggs Public School receive supplies collected and donated by CNB employee volunteers.
4. Video: Transparent-Headed Food Thief Trolls Ocean’s Depths
Monterey Bay Aquarium Research Institute
This transparent-headed food thief trolls the deep but was caught by underwater cameras in a rare sighting.
5. Land Thievery Redux: Bakken Oil Leases and Money Mismanagement
“Girl Lost in Man Camp,” a painting by renowned ledger artist John Pepion, depicts life in the Bakken.
6. Actress Misty Upham Missing; Last Seen on Muckleshoot Reservation in WA
Misty Upham arrives on the red carpet at the 2013 AFI Fest premiere of ‘August: Osage County’ at the TCL Chinese Theatre on Friday, Nov. 8, 2013 in Los Angeles. (Photo by Chris Pizzello/Invision/AP)
7. Indigenous Leaders Celebrate Victory Over Columbus Day in Seattle
Indigenous Peoples’ Day Committee
Celebration after the vote passed by the Seattle City Council on Monday, October 6.
8. Cards Star Jude Schimmel Begins Season Without Big Sister Shoni
9. Longtime ICTMN Contributor, Fogarty Named MFA Media Partner of the Year
Jay Czar, executive director of MFA, presents Mark Fogarty with MFA’s 2014 Media Partner of the Year award at the 2014 New Mexico Housing Summit.
10. Photo: Sotomayor Gets Some Native Bling
11. Photos: 40th Annual Honolulu Inter-tribal Powwow
12. Early Voting for Crow, Blackfeet (And A Future Oglala Lakota County?)
Courtesy Western Native Voice
First time voter Abby Green, 18, with a ballot in Browning, Montana at the Blackfeet satellite voting office.
13. Task Force to Improve Quality of Life for ABQ’s Native Homeless
Many Natives would rather take their chances on the streets of Albuquerque instead of going to a shelter due to distrust.
14. How Katie John Whipped Alaska to Protect Native Rights