ENFIELD, N.H. — The day care where a 4-year-old girl suffered life-threatening injuries on Monday was operating without a license, according to the Child Care Licensing Unit of the Department of Health and Human Services.
Several children were playing outside when a girl’s coat got stuck on a branch and began choking at a home day care in Enfield, police said.
Police did not identify the day care they responded to Monday afternoon.
“It appears the child had gotten hung up on a lean-to-type stick with her jacket. It may have gotten caught and that cut of her airway,” said Chief Richard Crate Jr. of the Enfield Police Department.
The day care provider had stepped away for just a few moments, police said.
“She had another child that was inside so she had gone inside,” Crate said. “She was kind of going back and forth, is what she reported, and so she was not there when this accident happened.”
The girl suffered a traumatic, life-threatening injury and was taken to Dartmouth-Hitchcock Medical Center.
Baby taken to local hospital, recovering
Samantha D’Elia called 911 saying her baby was choking on his vomit and had turned blue.
Officer Dennis Stampfl answered the call Wednesday morning and walked D’Elia and the baby’s father, Jonathan Brooks, through the steps to clear baby Brandon’s throat.
A few moments later, the baby started crying.
“That is the thing you want to hear,” Stampfl told D’Elia.
|Thousands of Britons… on Deadly attack targets tourists…|
|Felina on Felina’s Recipe of the D…|
|classandthecitygirl on Felina’s Recipe of the D…|
|Felina on Food: It Feeds You And It Heal…|
|Anne Nicole (nutrien… on Food: It Feeds You And It Heal…|