1. The Daily Show With Jon Stewart Airs R-Word Segment, Debunks WashPo Report
Simon Moya-Smith shakes fellow debater, Kelli O’Dell’s hand during the interview.
2. Nottoway Indian Tribe of Virginia Wows With Healing Pow Wow
3. Attorney General Holder to Step Down After 6 Years
President Obama: “Eric haws done a superb job.”
4. Navajo Nation Signs Historic $554 Million Settlement With Interior Over Mismanaged Trust Funds
Navajo officials begin the signing ceremony on the historic $554 million settlement with the U.S. Department of the Interior in Window Rock.
5. Video: President Barack Obama Addresses the United Nations on Climate Change
President Barack Obama addresses the United Nations on climate change, calling it the biggest threat of our time.
6. 20 Native Guy Problems: Grandmas, War Ponies, Facial Hair and More
7. People of the Hemp, Part 1: Losing Land, Culture, Tradition
Randy Wegerski, a 4-year-old Tuscarora boy, is shown on the picket line as the Tuscarora people block a state survey of their reservation in Niagara Falls, New York, on April 18, 1958. The disputed land was seized by the state for a power project.
8. Pow Wow Dance Style Origins: Jingle Dress Dance, Part 3
Jingle Dress Dancer Selena Jackson of Winslow, Ariz., performs during the 43rd Annual Diné College Powwow in Tsaile, Ariz., on Saturday night, April 13, 2013.
9. Tribes Get copy1.3 Million in Federal Grants to Combat Chronic Disease
10. Navajo Nation’s $554m Settlement Streaming Live
11. Willie, Neil Young, and Me: Frank Waln Takes the Stage With Legends on Saturday
Rex Features via AP Images; courtesy Frank Waln
Willie Nelson and Neil Young, shown here performing at Farm Aid 2012 in Hershey, Pennsylvania, will be joined by Lakota rapper Frank Waln on Saturday at a concert protesting the Keystone XL pipeline. (Rex Features via AP Images; courtesy Frank Waln)
12. Indigenous Philanthropy Forms a Brooklyn Footnote to WCIP and Climate Week
Onondaga Chief Oren Lyons poses with 2014 Wisdom Fellowship Award winner Tarcila Rivera Zea, Quechua activist in Ayacucho, Peru, at the World Summit on Indigenous Philanthropy. Lyons received the same award in 2012.
13. Congress Does Right Thing! Gets IRS Away From Tribal Governments