1. Is the Use of ‘Redskins’ a Hate Crime?
2. Chickasaw Judge, Sherry Abbott Todd, Takes Oath
Courtesy Marcy Gray/Chickasaw Nation
Chickasaw Nation Supreme Court Chief Justice Cheri Bellefeuille-Gordon, left, administers the oath of office to Sherry Abbott Todd as Special Judge of the District Court of the Chickasaw Nation. Todd was appointed to an additional 3-year term by justices of the Chickasaw Nation Supreme Court. Holding the Holy Bible is Todd’s sister, Darla Abbott Porter.
3. Commitment to Education Connects Chickasaw Nation Hall of Fame Inductees
Chickasaw Nation Governor Bill Anoatubby recently inducted five new members into the Chickasaw Nation Hall of Fame. Inductees include the late Charles W. Blackwell, Irene Digby, Marvin Mitchell, Dr. James W, Hampton and Silas Wolf Jr. Jonathan Blackwell and Geoffrey Blackwell accepted the honor in behalf of their father. Back row, from left, Gov. Anoatubby, Jonathan Blackwell, Dr. James W. Hampton, Marvin Mitchell, Geoffrey Blackwell, and Lt. Gov. Jefferson Keel. Front row left to right are Silas Wolf, Jr. and Irene Digby.
4. Planetary Showdown Spices Up May Skies
Thinkstock Planetary mosaic, artist’s depiction.
5. 5 Sacred Spots Outside of America That You Have to See
6. Seneca Nation Starts 50th Anniversary of Kinzua Dam Removal Today
7. Make Mother’s Day Extraordinary: Huckleberry Muffins
Huckleberry muffins with huckleberry jelly
8. Native American Symbols
9. Native American Indian Rock Art – Petroglyphs Pictograph
10. Collectible Native American Pottery; The best of the best