In the spirit of the season I think Tabouli sounds like a nice spring recipe to make so for those that are interested follow my recipe: Tabouli by Felina Silver Robinson©
Please gather all of your ingredients
1 cup water, boiled
1 cup bulgur (Also known as bourghul which is cracked wheat) – You can find this in any Whole Foods Market
2 bunches (150g) fresh parsley finely chopped
1 bunch of or (6) green onions, finely chopped
4 large tomatoes, finely chopped
3 lemons, juice of (Freshly Squeezed Lemons)
5 tablespoons olive oil
1⁄8 teaspoon ground black pepper
1⁄8 teaspoon salt
Please follow these directions in order
- Add one cup of boiled water and one cup of bourghul (bulgur) in a small bowl and mix. Place a tea towel (light dish towel) over the bowl to hold in steam. Set it aside allowing for cooling.
- Finely chop the parsley, spring onions and tomatoes and place them into your separate large salad bowl.
- Juice all of the fresh lemons and pour the juice over the salad mixture. Add olive oil, black pepper and salt into the salad mixture and mix it well.
- Place mixture over the cool bourghul and mix well.
- I enjoy my Tabouli with Naan Bread and Hummus. Hope you Enjoy!
- Make sure to refrigerate any left over’s for no longer than 2-3 days.