Archives For Eating Healthy
I know I’m not the only one that is curious as to what new food/snacks there is to eat today. I’m always looking for something new for me and my kids that’s on the healthier side. No one likes getting stuck with the same old stuff day in and day out. More than that, I also wanted to know about what kinds of foods can heal you, from your hair, to your throat, to your skin, and to your stomach. If you are curious too, check out these helpful links.
Photo credit: Beth Phillips
Not sure what to have for breakfast and don’t have much time to throw something together. Try one of these three quick ideas:
1. Fruits* and Toast
Apple Slices, Orange Slices, and Banana Slices
With Wheat Toast Nutella and peanut butter
2. Yogurt with Berries (raspberries, blueberries and blackberries)
3. Fruit* salad
Watermelon, cantaloupe, pineapple and strawberries
* Try cutting your fruit up the night before then store it in containers to make the mornings job that much easier.
5. Navajo Nation President Ben Shelly Condemns Adam Sandler Film
12. Pathfinder (2007), Karl Urban, Moon Bloodgood, Russell Means, Ralf Möller, Clancy Brown
|Felina’s Glazed Sweet, But Spicy Salmon©|
|(2 lbs.)||Fresh salmon (have the skin removed)|
|(2 cups)||Red wine|
|(1/3 cup)||Olive oil|
|(1/3 cup)||Soy sauce|
|(1 ½ tbsp)||Lemon juice|
|(2 tbsp)||Fresh garlic|
|(1/4 cup)||Finely chopped green onion|
|(1 tsp)||Red pepper flake|
|(1/4 cup)||Finely chopped fresh cilantro|
|(1 cup)||Brown sugar|
|(2-3 shakes)||Pepper (add more or less according to your desired taste)|
|1) Place the cleaned salmon in the desired oven-safe casserole dish and set aside.2) Put all the measured ingredients into a blender and mix until there are no lumps remaining in the brown sugar.
3) Poor Marinade over the salmon generously, cover and place in the refrigerator for about 2 hours. Pre-heat oven 1 and ½ hours into the time.
4) Baste the salmon with the remaining sauce, recover and place in the oven for 30-45 minutes. Enjoy with your chosen side dishes.
When you sit down to a meal, you don’t necessarily think about or even want to think about all the different things that could be a health hazard floating about in your food. But it’s more important than we realize to think about it. We need to want to make things safer for all of us. I’ve read the following articles that you may all find helpful. Happy reading.
‘Hired guns’ tasked with overseeing approval of additives