Archives For Eating Healthy
5. Navajo Nation President Ben Shelly Condemns Adam Sandler Film
12. Pathfinder (2007), Karl Urban, Moon Bloodgood, Russell Means, Ralf Möller, Clancy Brown
|Felina’s Glazed Sweet, But Spicy Salmon©|
|(2 lbs.)||Fresh salmon (have the skin removed)|
|(2 cups)||Red wine|
|(1/3 cup)||Olive oil|
|(1/3 cup)||Soy sauce|
|(1 ½ tbsp)||Lemon juice|
|(2 tbsp)||Fresh garlic|
|(1/4 cup)||Finely chopped green onion|
|(1 tsp)||Red pepper flake|
|(1/4 cup)||Finely chopped fresh cilantro|
|(1 cup)||Brown sugar|
|(2-3 shakes)||Pepper (add more or less according to your desired taste)|
|1) Place the cleaned salmon in the desired oven-safe casserole dish and set aside.2) Put all the measured ingredients into a blender and mix until there are no lumps remaining in the brown sugar.
3) Poor Marinade over the salmon generously, cover and place in the refrigerator for about 2 hours. Pre-heat oven 1 and ½ hours into the time.
4) Baste the salmon with the remaining sauce, recover and place in the oven for 30-45 minutes. Enjoy with your chosen side dishes.
When you sit down to a meal, you don’t necessarily think about or even want to think about all the different things that could be a health hazard floating about in your food. But it’s more important than we realize to think about it. We need to want to make things safer for all of us. I’ve read the following articles that you may all find helpful. Happy reading.
‘Hired guns’ tasked with overseeing approval of additives
In the spirit of the season I think Tabouli sounds like a nice spring recipe to make so for those that are interested follow my recipe: Tabouli by Felina Silver Robinson©
Please gather all of your ingredients
1 cup water, boiled
1 cup bulgur (Also known as bourghul which is cracked wheat) – You can find this in any Whole Foods Market
2 bunches (150g) fresh parsley finely chopped
1 bunch of or (6) green onions, finely chopped
4 large tomatoes, finely chopped
3 lemons, juice of (Freshly Squeezed Lemons)
5 tablespoons olive oil
1⁄8 teaspoon ground black pepper
1⁄8 teaspoon salt
Please follow these directions in order
- Add one cup of boiled water and one cup of bourghul (bulgur) in a small bowl and mix. Place a tea towel (light dish towel) over the bowl to hold in steam. Set it aside allowing for cooling.
- Finely chop the parsley, spring onions and tomatoes and place them into your separate large salad bowl.
- Juice all of the fresh lemons and pour the juice over the salad mixture. Add olive oil, black pepper and salt into the salad mixture and mix it well.
- Place mixture over the cool bourghul and mix well.
- I enjoy my Tabouli with Naan Bread and Hummus. Hope you Enjoy!
- Make sure to refrigerate any left over’s for no longer than 2-3 days.
5. Healthy Eating Recipes : Shrimp and Grits Popular Southern Food
6. Native American Kid Friendly Recipes
7. Native American design and culture showcased in Colorado
8. 2015 Seminole Tribal Fair and PowWow Grand Entry
9. Native By Designz 2012 Jewelry Collections
10. Native American Jewelry Crafts for Kids : Arts & Crafts