Archives For Food Markets
Food Shopping: My Top 10 Pet Peeves.
1. I’m a vegetarian and for some reason my local supermarket doesn’t seem to know what fresh vegetables are. Everything is always under ripened, over ripened, moldy or rotten.
2. When the package of 12 has been reduced to 10 and they have increased the price by $.49 to cover the cost of the repackaging for the item.
3. When you are trying to get to an item but the there is a woman with her shopping cart parked in the middle of the aisle while she has stopped to talk on her cell phone, but can’t understand you when you ask her to move it because she seemingly doesn’t know how to speak the same language as you.
4. When your favorite items are no longer available, but has been replaced by something no one seems to want.
5. When you witness the deli man, eating the product he is supposed to be cutting for you and you have to watch him finish eating before he serves you.
6. When you witness the an employee stocking the shelves with a runny nose which he seems to have no intention of wiping it. You can’t decide if you want to risk saying something or turn the other cheek and get while the getting is good.
7. When you’re shopping in your workout clothes because you just went to the gym and a store employee decides to follow you around because they think your sweatpants are a good place to hide store product and they actually follow you until you cash out.
8. When you are dying for some ice cream and every single container has a severe case of freezer burn.
9. When you pre-order a birthday cake and you get it home and find that it was decorated for someone else’s celebration.
10. When you go to cash out and the Bagger decides to pack all the heavy things on your soft items and you get home and everything is smashed. That’s why I bag all of my own things now. I also bring reusable bags so they don’t charge me $.05 per bag. In fact I save $.05 per bag.
Each of these events are real incidents experienced at my local supermarket.
By Felina Silver Robinson
It’s one thing to like something, but it’s something else to try to take name brand products from another store and sell them as if they belonged to you. No wonder why Trader Joe’s is suing Pirate Joe’s. Follow the story here http://www.cnn.com/2013/08/23/tech/social-media/apparently-this-matters-pirate-joes/index.html