1. Iktomi Speaks: The Crooked Tongue of Dan Snyder
2. Valbuena Named Chairwoman of San Manuel Band of Mission Indians
Courtesy San Manuel Band of Mission Indians
Lynn “Nay” Valbuena was recently elected as chairwoman for the San Manuel Band of Mission Indians on April 15.
3. Cowlitz Gymnast of Sacramento State Is First to Compete in NCAA Championship
Kalliah McCartney, of the Cowlitz Tribe, competes on the beam
4. NTU New Media Major Steps into the Spotlight at AIHEC Film Festival
Navajo Technical University
NTU new media major Clinton Desiderio of Crownpoint, New Mexico poses with his Best Special Effects award and Director’s Award at the 33rd Annual AIHEC Spring Conference.
5. Photos of the Native Culture Center ‘God Hates’
6. The ‘Designer’ Foodie Trend of 2014
Insects au gratin by desigern Susana Soares: “Could eating insects be a potential solution to some of the world’s food problems?” The project looks for new ways of consuming insects and debates the nutritive and environmental aspects of insects as human food.
7. Cobell Settlement: Who Are the Real Winners?
8. Watch: Secretary Jewell Deliver Commencement Address at SIPI
U.S. Secretary of the Interior Sally Jewell
9. ‘Scalped’ Comic Book Is Coming to TV; Native Actors Need Apply
Dashiell ‘Dash’ Bad Horse as depicted by artist R.M Guera on the cover of the first issue of ‘Scalped’.
10. Climate Change Hits the Big Time on Prime Time
A still from the NBC News special Ann Curry Reports: Our Year of Extremes—Did Climate Change Just Hit Home?
11. USDA Offers Native American Rural Business Enterprise Grants
12. White House Honors Solar Energy Visionary Henry Red Cloud as Champion of Change
In this October 11, 2010 photo, Henry Red Cloud is honored by the Interstate Renewable Energy Council.
13. CNN Contributor Explores the Best Places to Experience Native Culture
Shiprock Gallery (above) is one of many top places to explore in Indian Country, Dana Joseph says.
14. Cherokee Nation Adds Millions to Housing, Career Programs
Left to right: Cherokee Nation Deputy Chief S. Joe Crittenden and Health Services Executive Director Connie Davis thanked A-Mo Health Center staff Candice Burkhart, Christie Ross, Tina Snell and Dr. Michael Underwood, as Principal Chief Bill John Baker recognized them and other staff at the Salina health center for their heroic efforts during a recent code blue.
15. On Remote Reserves, Locals Must Perform Life-Saving Emergency Response
Community-Based Emergency Care: An Open Report for Nishnawbe Aski Nation
16. Rare Trumpeter Swan as Target Practice: Two Men Sentenced on Flathead Reservation
Courtesy Salish Kootenai Wildlife Department
Trumpeter swans on the Flathead Reservation
17. 10 Hand-Painted Hats by Navajo Hatmaker Melissa Barnes