1. Relief at a Stiff Price II: Singing the Bear Song
2. Northern Arapaho File Lawsuit Over Large Employer Mand
3. Cascadia’s Locked Fault Means Massive Earthquake Is Due in Pacific Northwest: Seismologists
U.S. Geological Survey/AP Photo
The mechanics of a subduction zone.
4. BIE in Crisis: Underfunded Agency Can’t Do Its Job
U.S. Department of Education
This image was included in the National Indian Education Study from 2011, which found that American Indian fourth graders attending BIE schools had reading scores 22 points lower than AI/AN students in public schools.
5. Energy Revenues to American Indians Top copy Billion for First
6. Navajo Nation Buys Back 7 Sacred Masks at Controversial Parisian Auction
A supporter of Native Americans holds a leaflet reading ‘Stop cultural genocide, Eve auction house must stop’ to protest outside of the Drouot’s auction house during the contested auction of Native American items in Paris, Monday Dec. 15, 2014. Navajo officials spent approximately $9,120 to buy back seven tribal masks put up for sale at a disputed auction despite the U.S. Embassy in Paris asking Drouot to suspend the sale to allow Navajo and Hopi representatives to determine where they came from. (AP Photo/Francois Mori)
7. Jude Schimmel Has Arrived! Lady Card Has First Double-Double of the Season
8. New Seattle Superintendent Will Meet With Native Reps
Courtesy Seattle Public Schools
Dr. Larry Nyland, Seattle’s new superintendent of public schools
9. The Colonial Semantics of the United States: ‘Our Nation’s Tribes
10. This Video Proves ‘Santa Claus Is Coming to Town’ Is Best Sung in Navajo
William P. Yazzie sings ‘Santa Claus Is Coming to Town’ in Navajo.
11. If You Need an Indian… Actor and Artist Richard Ray Whitman Is Your Man
Richard Ray Whitman in a shot from the film ‘Winter in the Blood.’
12. Native American Night Before Christmas (2006)
13. Native American Christmas 2012
14. Western Christmas Ornaments